What's Cooking!~

I can finally let the cat out of the bag.. I sort of let is slip earlier this month by posting a DT logo to my blog and then swiftly deleting it!  But I was given the opportunity to play with the DT team for Cooking it up with Katie. 

The rest of the team are as follows.
Katie
Mary
Anne
Tracy
(and ill have to link them up later, unfortuantly my linking system isnt playing!)
Now whats challenge!

Recipe
Something Old
Something New
Something Sweet

I played a little with masking as I wanted to add some flowers to the image.. i didnt get too adventurous though as you can see. My something old is my brown card stock which I got about 5years ago and then stashed it away, my something new is my beautiful shimmery orange card stock..I love it. I then put this new cardstock through my new sissix bigshot.. also love it. The card stock really took well to being embossed. Now for my something sweet.. I wonder if you can guess what it is without me telling you? I absolutely LOVE chocolate oranges.. you know those wicked, terribly fattening chocolate balls that fall apart in segments.... I could easily eat the whole thing myself.. I was thrilled with my image as he had to be orange and brown.. and my sweet treat is brown *but tastes of orange* I hope that my Sweet..fits the criteria!

I really liked playing with these colour combinations, as orange is one of my favourite colours and I think it looks heavenly with with this deep brown!

I have also managed to make the card spring themed with the masked flowers (I would love to say its easter themed due to my chocolate colourings.. but I think that may be pushing it!)

Fab and Funky - Spring is in the air
For Fun challenges - anything goes
Little red wagon - Rolling into spring
Raise the Bar - A style you dont normally use (april fool)  (MASKING)





12 comments:

  1. Super sweet card Penny and I'm so glad to have you on board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi New Teamie, really cute card and you have donea fab job on the colouring. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Penny!! Timmy the tiger looks right at home in those pretty flowers!!
    Hugs
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute Penny,love the sketch and embossing and the colour combo is fabulous!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty!
    Thanks for playing!
    Dee - LRW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Looking forward to getting to know you on the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet! Thanks for joining us at LRW:)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cuuute! You had me fooled! I love this idea of masking flowers on to it, wonderful job with the colors as I love orange and brown together. ;) Thank you so much for joining us at Raise The Bar this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fab card,gorgeous colour combo that has made me want to eat chocolate lol,thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky this week
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping in and leaving a comment, have a great day.