Cooking it Up with Katie, Buttons, Birds and Borders

Excuse my tardiness in my DT post for Cooking it up, ive been a tad rushed this week with my husband on holidays, and renovating a bathroom.  I got this beautiful image last week from Digi Doodles and coloured it over the weekend then promptly forgot to put my project together... Can we all say Mummy brain.

We are playing with the recipe of Border, Button and Bird this week, don't you love the bird i got to choose from Digi Doodles!  I love owls so it was an easy choice to pick this guy.

I  did a bit of mix and match with the background colouring, I started with copics and decided i didnt like it and it so I then came in with the distress inks and daubers, I mixed some grey over the top to try and make it look like the night sky.. not sure if i pulled that off though!

I used a white pen to doodle a border and also I cut a border on my Cougar to frame the image.

So now its your turn, please pop over to the Cooking it up with Katie challenge blog and play along with us this week.

We will be along to visit your creations through the week, have fun!

Also dont forget to visit our sponsor at Digi Doodles!

1 comment:

  1. Such an adorable little owl! Love the way you did your coloring. Great borders!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping in and leaving a comment, have a great day.