Delightful Inspiration (freebie) Week 1 and multi challenges!

Well what a wet and miserable day in Sydney, I came home from a craft night at a friends last to a world of WET in my suburb!  Peoples houses have flooded.. and they report having streams in their backyards.. apparently a lot of water hit the Blue Mountains last night and neither my husband nor myself were home to witness it!  Thankfully our house was fine!

I made this card last night at my friends house and had a different image on it.. but I went to bed and thought...hmm I think the other image I want to work with will look better..so this morning I took it apart and tried again!  I may need to take another photo of this card as the angle makes it a little hard to see.  
The image is a free design from Designed to Delight at Delightful Inspiration, if you are yet to visit Faith at Delightful Inspiration, please do.  She does a progressive challenge and each week if you participate you get another free image.  Let her know Penny sent you.  My sketch is from Friday Sketchers, it grabbed me the moment I saw it.
Other challenges for this card are:-
ABC Challenges -New (the image)
C.R.A.F.T - Valentine/Love
Dareu2digistamp- Hearts/Valentine (the heart is a brad/embossing and the owls are the valentine)
Pile it on- No more winter colours
Bee Crafty - Romance/Love theme + Digi (i got it right this time!)
Creative Bell - Ribbons
Double Dutch - Be my Valentine
Pollycraft challenge blog - things with Wings (how perfect was the timing of this challenge with this image!)
Creative Card Crew - Valentine's
La-La Land Crafts - use Hearts
Charisma Cardz - I love you
Belli Challenge - Ribbons

I know this isnt a traditional Valentine's type of card, but I am really not a Valentine's type of girl.. so two owls sitting on a stick together is my compromise and hey the hearts and loads of pink has to help right?

thanks for stopping in!
Are you looking for my Candy? Click here to enter

25 comments:

  1. This sure is an adorable owl couple! Awesome card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at La La Land Crafts and Bee Crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an adorable card,the owls are so cute and i love the pinks and browns,thanks for joining us at pollycraft

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card! I really love the layout you created!
    Thank you so MUCH for playing with us this week at La-La Land!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya Penny! I absolutely ADORE this one! I'm such a fan of the pink/brown color combo, and your papers here are so pretty! Great choice in the image and sentiment...and that fabby ribbon too!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's Challenges this week and we hope you'll join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card and so glad you played along with the Belli Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG... I love the color combo you used and that embossing you did in the paper is gorgeous, I haven't seen that design before. I wanted to let you know that you posted your link into our GDT sample day on Thursday and not in the challenge itself. We post on Sundays and we always have a Mr. Linky on the challenge post.

    If you have any other questions let me know...

    -- dalis
    PIO Owner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for letting me know i posted to the wrong bit of Pile it on.. I have fixed it!
    Many thanks
    pen

    ReplyDelete
  9. no problem sweetie pie... so who makes that embossing plate or folder you used... I think I "NEED" it... LOL!!!!

    -- dalis

    ReplyDelete
  10. hope you check back to find out.. Its a cuttlebug embossing folder, isnt it FANTASTIC! Im in australia so it may be by Print blocks?
    Let me know if you cant source it in your part of the world and I can find it here for you and post.
    pen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute, cute, cute!! Thank you so much for playing along at La-La Land Crafts Weekly Challenge!!
    Hugs!!
    :) Irina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card and such an adorable image.
    Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card - loving the colours and layout
    Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card with lovely colours!

    Thanks for joining the Friday Sketchers this week!

    Have a lovely weekend, Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute card! Love the embossing and the owl sand the colour pallette!
    Thank you for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T!
    Hugs,
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love this Penny,it's absolutely gorgeous!!! So glad your house is fine!! Thanks for your comment.Hugs Cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab card! Terrific layout... love that embossed background! Thank you for joining in on the ♥HEARTS♥ challenge at La-La Land Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  18. [url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html]wetter schottland[/url]

    [url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html]wetter heute[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sweet card!! Love the colors and the owls are adorable.. Thanks for playing along with us in the Belli Challenge.. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable Card. That little owl is cute. Thanks for joining us over at the belli challenge blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. A Gorgeous card, love the image and the colouring. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week. Good luck in the draw.
    Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Penny, I love this!! Your coloring is beautiful--love the pink owl-so cute!! What a perfectly tied bow!! And I also love your layout and the heart in the middle of the dew drops or rhinestones. Such a nice touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really cute! Love the colors and papers! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at DU2DS this time. Chris :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sweet! Love the owls and the embossing! Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge! Join us again on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping in and leaving a comment, have a great day.