Polkadoodle Inspiration - Use your Dies


Have you all checked out the current challenge over at Polkadoodles
we have the theme of "Use a Die" and there is still time to enter.
The DT has some inspiration for you this week incase your lacking some MoJo.

I used the wonderful Eden Collection for my card, looking beyond the beautiful digital images that are begging to be coloured up and looking at the papers and embellishments in the collection, I was motivated to create a card that is a little different for me.  I had been looking at challenges and noticed that non square or rectangle card themes were a popular idea of late so I grabbed some dies and off I went.

I used my Little B circle die set to create the card base (cutting the card stock double ensuring that the top edge of the circle wasn't in the die cut so I had a folded circle)  and then I used some smaller dies for the patterned paper circle, the paper was also from the Eden Collection.  I realised that I didn't have a good size die for the card matt's so cameo to the rescue for that.     My butterfly embellishment was a print and cut on the cameo, cut twice and layered up and inked with vintage photo ink.  It wasn't intentional that the pattern paper from the circle and banner and the butterfly matched but "bonus" that it did.  I had cut bits and pieces out and put them aside not really paying attention to what patterns I had chosen.   I finally did the rolled up gold thread idea under an embellishment too.
The Happy wording was cut on my cameo, three times and glue together to give it some bulk.


I seconded guessed myself with this card and asked for some advice, so take two has a few additions, normally I would add three flowers but I didnt leave enough room.  The Eden Kit has lots of flower embellishments in it I could of used but my brain had turned off.   These photos show the difference of taking a photo in the day light and at night,  It doesnt look quite as vintage as the second photo.


So now its your turn, grab your Polkadoodle files and your dies and see what magic happens.

Im thrilled with this card, my kids are often looking for cards for their friends and they tend to steer away from coloured images, so I don't think this card is going to last long in my stash.


Penny-Lee xx  



Thanks for visiting today

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Penny - gorgeous design and love that butterfly. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card and love the soft colour tones you have used. Have a wonderful Easter, Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the shape it just makes it extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card,great design and fab papers. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty and we hope to see you back with us soon. Jennifer DT member

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my kind of card Penny, love it.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute birthday card! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique this week!
    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing how good this card looks. I like the butterfly.
    Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination.
    Hope we see you again in a next challenge.
    xxx Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, love it
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card. That butterfly is so darling on your design. Thanks for playing Tic Tack Toe at the Mod Squad Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Penny! I love the colours you've used and the pretty butterfly is adorable.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge for our special 6th Birthday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful - love the shape of your card and the colours you've used.

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything Goes” challenge over at Penny’s .
    Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
    (DT Come and Get It)
    (GDT Kreativzeit Challenges)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping in and leaving a comment, have a great day.