Aye Aye Captain!! A Pirates life for me

Hi Everyone
In January the artist being the name - Oddball Art went to Cuba.  She came back drawing all things pirates and rum.   I love what she created and couldn't help but make some clean and simple cards.

There were many choices to play with, swords, bottles of rum, a cute map and more.. but I couldn't go past the cute skull.  I was able to fit two skulls to an a6 page and then I fussy cut them out with my Brother Scan and Cut.  I think its giving up on me or I need a new matt.. hopefully the latter.


I finally go the chance to use my typewriter, purchased alteast a year ago.. it then promptly became a paperweight.     Got to say, I really am not impressed with it.  The keys stuck, the carriage blocked and the letter T didnt put a proper space behind it.   I managed to make it work but those little sentiments took much longer to create than what they should of.     For the price of the typewriter you'd expect perfection.   I have been doing #mariekondo organisation in the past few weeks and I can honestly say the Typewriter doesn't bring me joy.



For the sentiments on the cards, I looked up "pirate quotes" and typed up the words.  Despite the fact of the typewriter being annoyingly glitchy I did like that I could completely individualise the words that I added.  

I was chatting to a friend about the typewriter and she said she prefers to use a printer and foil for her sentiments.  Ill give that a go soon.  (If I can get my laser printer to play).  It thinks it has a paper jam.. despite it not having paper.

Looking forward to seeing what you create for this theme, head on over to the challenge blog and play along.   Facebook is another  place to show us your creations.  If you like to showcase your works on instagram be sure to tag us so we know to look at your works.   I use #oddballartstamps #oddballart  as tags on my work when I remember.

Well.. that got chatty.... if you made it this far why not head on over to the OddBall Art shop and use my discount code DTPENNY10


Thanks for visiting today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for popping in and leaving a comment, have a great day.