Getting back in the craft room - Christmas Craft Creations.




Its been a long while since I created for a Design Team, life got busy and crafting seems to be the most obvious area of my life to slow down in.  This was a mistake as craft of any kind, calms my mind and allows me to just have some quiet time, no responsibilities and just "me time"

So the lovely team at Christmas Craft Creations held a DT call and I saw this as my sign to jump back into to crafting "with purpose"

This months theme for the challenge is Stencilling, as luck would have it stencils have been in my tool box for some time in the last month, so I have a lot to share.   However I created a card showing off a technique I learnt years ago using white pigment ink and then any coloured ink, I used Distress oxides.



To create my background piece, I used Kraft card stock and a heart stencil.  Adding white pigment first, then wiping the stencil before the next step.  Overlay the stencil back in place but offset slightly and then add any colour of your choice.  I let this dry in the craft room vs using a heat tool to speed up the drying process.    Its a fun way to get use out of a stencil and the bonus is you get to use all your favourite colours creating a background.   I think this would look great with a snowflake effect.   The Xmas tree is white embossed and the little penguins were added using X-press it copic card as the card stock.
 
The team over at Christmas Craft  Creations is looking forward to seeing your projects.   



Thanks for visiting today


2 comments:

  1. Love the dimension you got from the stencilling Penny. Such cute and colourful critters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute...love the sweet images!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping in and leaving a comment, have a great day.