Blue and Silver - Christmas Craft Creations February challenge

Well that month has passsed by quickly.   The December/January period for our family saw us in back to back isolation.  Firstly my youngest daughter was a close contact at work (the week our premier decided to get rid of masks..and then my middle daughter was a close contact at her church beach mission (the second year in a row they had to pack up and come home, 2020/21 they evacuated due to fires, then 21/22 due to Covid contact).   So my annual leave saw me sitting at home bingeing on way to many tv shows and chocoate.  Thankfully though, everyone was fine, no positive cases in the house and we all were safe.  The bonus being my craft room is getting some use too.

So.. back to things of craft and challenges!


Christmas Craft Creations are looking for Blue and Silver projects.  I got my inspiration from Instagram and I think a Gina K story.  If I can find the original inspiration I will definitely link it.


For this card, I went in search of items I hadn't used for a while, this included die's and zing embossing powder.   A recent binge in instagram was talking about using embossing powder to create new effects, So I added embossing ink to a whole panel of card and dumped on different colours of zing embossing powder to try and create an interesting background, I was hoping for something similar to a sky scene.. I got close.    I also die cut some snowflakes out of white heavy white card and threw on several layers of silver embossing powder.

Despite this not being my normal type of card, I did enjoy using products that were once forgotten.  I think if I do this type of card again, I will add more in terms of layering on the frame to give a more 3d effect.  Or perhaps a clear layer and some sequins for a shaker, stay tuned.

Now its your turn to show us your flair using Silver and Blue for our Christmas Craft Creations Challenge.
Head on over to the challenge blog and link up your projects!


Thanks for visiting today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for popping in and leaving a comment, have a great day.